Kontera

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Internet Shopping

Usually I am against internet shopping. I find that surfing sales out of boredom is perilous for my credit card balance.

Today is different. I need to shop for two things:
1) A winter coat for my older cub
2) A cardigan or two to layer with my work clothes.

(I am back to teaching, and no longer have a full wardrobe of 'grown-up' clothes. Somehow, I think my Batman t-shirt will be seen as a sign of professionalism.)

I decided to take a long time, find exactly what I like in each case, and then stalk the items until I could find the right price. As of this morning, I am proud to say that it worked!

For my son's winter coat, I decided on a Lands' End Boys' Squall 3-in-1 Waterproof Parka. His last coat was from Lands' End and it still looks new after three winters of hard use, so I suspected that this would do as well.

The only problem is that it's $139.00. Hm.

I kept checking back there about once a week to see if they might run a sale, and today I got a hit!


See that banner at the top? 40% off one item and free shipping? Oh, yeah.

A few credit card digits later and I scored a coat that will last through TWO sons for about $86 after tax.

I was so proud I decided to reward myself.

Through my shopping at Goodwill, I realized that I really like Christopher and Banks clothes (and that I want to hug whoever the woman is who keeps donating them new/nearly new in my size). I decided to stalk their clearance.


It's black (which is slimming) and long (awesome, because I'm tall), and CHEAP!! TEN BUCKS! Okay, after tax and shipping it was about $16, but seriously. I'm not quibbling.

And I didn't even leave the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment