Kontera

Friday, February 22, 2013

Baked Butternut Fries

It's school vacation week, so I've been trying out the new recipes that I am just plain too tired to do during regular weeks.

This week: Baked Butternut Squash Fries

The recipe for this is actually really simple:





1) Get a butternut squash (I have one from a coworker's garden that I have been saving for just such an occasion).
2) Slice it into sticks.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste
4) Bake at 425 for about 45 minutes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.



A few recipes talk about coating them with oil, or greasing a cookie sheet instead of using parchment paper. I chose to do it this way because I'm trying to lose a little weight (because I'm too cheap to buy a new pants). This way made two generous servings, which were about 2 Weight Watchers points each (if you're counting).

My husband, who is not prone to devouring vegetables, loved these.

The Shabby Nest
The Self Sufficient HomeAcre

http://www.thethriftyhome.com

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! We'll have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had sweet potato fries, but not butternut :) Looks yummy! Thanks so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre! I can't wait to see what you share next time at...
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-5.html

    ReplyDelete