Kontera

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Take What You Pay For

My toddler and I went out to brunch with a friend this morning to celebrate finding daycare for next year. I ordered an egg white omelet, loaded with spinach and broccoli. She ordered a burger and fries.

At the end of the meal, I noticed something. I had two slices of dry, whole wheat toast left on my plate. She had two thick slices of tomato and a chunk of lettuce on hers. Instead of turning these into trash, I asked for a to-go box.

Realizing I have a couple of eggs in my fridge that need to be boiled today, I'm thinking egg salad sandwiches for lunch tomorrow!

Even if you don't feel like finishing everything on your plate, YOU PAID FOR IT. If you leave it, it's trash. If you take it, it's INGREDIENTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment