Kontera

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cheap Trick: Freeze PB&J

I've been focusing most of this blog's posts on saving money.  But what about saving other things, like time and energy? I'm introducing Cheap Tricks - shortcuts that will make life a little less of a hassle, if not a little more frugal.

In a post a few months ago, I advocated saving money by bagging lunch.  The only comment on that post was a BRILLIANT contribution from a woman posting as momma-lana.  She said that I could make the pb&j sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them.

Like I said: BRILLIANT.  Now, if I'm on top of my game, I make sandwiches on Sundays, put them into reusable containers, and freeze them for the week.

Mornings are so much easier.


Sunday night.

Monday morning.

Now, if I could figure out what happened to the other reusable containers, I'd be set past Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Idea! What do the kids think of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd like to know if there is a taste difference to the kids. Have you tried the sandwich? Can you tell a difference?

    ReplyDelete