Kontera

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Simple Summer Dessert

This crazy hot weather has me barely wanting to cook, and absolutely not wanting to bake. This does not mean that I don't want to eat baked things. I want something sweet. Possibly chocolatey.

Looking through my cupboard, I am again reminded that my husband is a brilliant man. He bought marshmallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers. Genius! Microwave s'mores!


It's dessert in less than a minute with no clean-up.

If you've never tried it before, just do this:

1) Break a graham cracker in half.

2) Put a piece of chocolate on half.

3) Put a marshmallow on top.

4) Microwave for 15 seconds (or until your marshmallow is all poofy).

5) Put the top graham cracker on, squish, and enjoy!


Want some variations on the theme? Try one of these! Or all of these! (Probably not at once!)

1) Butter the top graham cracker with peanut butter or Nutella

2) Add sprinkles to your marshmallow just before adding the top graham cracker

3) Add jam or jelly for a fruity option

4) Add a slice of banana (it's goooood)

Do you have another idea? Share it in the comments! I have a whole summer and a lot of marshmallows to experiment with!




No comments:

Post a Comment